There is a strong focus on Faculty and Scholarly research and Quality Improvement activities incorporating Evidenced Based Medicine into the training of our residents. Faculty is dedicated to creating an environment of clinical enquiry backed by a robust curriculum for scholarly activity.
Some of our research and scholarly activity include:
- Improving Pneumococcal Immunizations rates in adults with Diabetes, Alcoholism, Smokers, COPD at SFMC - Poster presented at AAFP residents conference 2017.
- Antibiotic Stewardships for Acute Rhinosinusitis – Quality improvement for SFMC – Poster presentation for 2018 AAFP conference on Practice improvement
- Update on HPV vaccine Guidelines - Poster presentation for 2018 AAFP conference on Practice improvement
- An unusual case of dysphagia following post Rhytidectomy (Face-Lift) hematoma evacuation – Poster presentation ACPFP 2017 CONFERENCE
- “No to No shows” – Implementing the open access model of scheduling in a Family Medicine Center presented at the 2017 Program Directors Workshop – Residency Program Solutions (PDW-RPS) Residency Education Symposium, Innovation category
- Family Practice Inquiries Network (FPIN) Recipient Annual FPIN Workshop Scholarship Award, 2015- 2016 Academic year - $5,500
- Georgia Health and Family Alliance, 2016 Community Health Grants awarded 2016 for Strickland Weight loss initiative - $5,000
- Georgia Health and Family Alliance, 2016 Community Health Grants awarded 2016 for Free Mammograms and Medications with care provided at the Truth Clinic - $5,000
- Georgia Health and Family Alliance, 2018 Community Health Grants awarded March 2018 for Strickland Hypertension initiative - $5,000
- Hudgens Family Foundation grant for Simulation Lab - $375,000
We are affiliated with the Family Practice Inquiry Network and as such residents actively participate in generating Help Desk Answers (HDA) and American Family Physicians Clinical Inquiries (CI) both of which are point of care resources for Family Physicians. Our residents have published papers in FPINs Evidence Based Practice. Our faculties serve as mentors due to their extensive clinical and research experience and are also published in local and national journals.