Meet the Director
Welcome to the Northside Hospital-Gwinnett Internal Medicine Residency Program, one of the largest hospital systems in metro Atlanta. Choosing a residency program is a major decision for you and your family. You need a place where you can get excellent
medical training, a community you want to live in, and people you want to work with. Northside Hospital Gwinnett’s Internal Medicine Residency program offers that, and so much more.
The Internal Medicine residency program is accredited through the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and we accept applications through ERAS each year and participate in the NRMP match.
Here are just a few reasons to consider Northside Hospital:
- Innovative curricula including mid-year intern skills development, professional development series for PGY 2s, and career development pathways
- Continuity clinic in state-of-the-art practices devoted to resident ambulatory education
- Technological tools such as iPads and high fidelity patient simulators to enhance learning and procedural skills
- Diverse patient population -- Gwinnett County has one of the most diverse counties in the nation; foreign born citizens make up 25 percent of its population and most minority populations are over-represented in Gwinnett County compared to Georgia
as a whole
- Large patient pool -- Gwinnett County has a population of more than 900,000, making it one of the fastest growing counties nationwide over the past twenty years and the second most populous county in Georgia
- Full range of clinical services, including access to all subspecialties of Internal Medicine, strong cardiovascular program, comprehensive stroke program and a busy emergency services department which handles over 100,000 patient visits per year.
- A hospital system with a commitment to transforming healthcare -- Northside is an award winning health care network, recognized for quality, patient safety and clinical care year after year.
We are training the next generation of internists here at Northside Hospital and look forward to making you one of them.
Kimberly Bates, MD, FACP, FAAP