On Monday, July 6, 1970, Northside Hospital opened its doors and treated its first patient. The newly constructed, 245 bed, five-story facility, located approximately 15 miles north of Downtown Atlanta, opened with a 24-hour emergency department, 80 physicians and more than 400 other professionals. Since that day, Northside has grown, along with the metro Atlanta community, into one of Atlanta’s largest and most respected health care systems. In addition to our now 537-bed hospital in Sandy Springs, we have hospitals in Cherokee and Forsyth counties (total 838 beds) and more than 120 outpatient service locations across Georgia.
We have one of the largest medical staffs in the Southeast.
We diagnose and treat more cancer cases than any other hospital in Georgia.
More babies are born at Northside Hospital in Atlanta than at any other hospital in the country.
Our surgeons perform more robotic surgeries than anyone else in the Southeast.
Specialties and Services
Northside physicians and other health care professionals provide a full range of care.
• Cancer Institute / Radiation
• Infusion Services
• Inpatient & Outpatient Surgical Services
• Robotic Surgery
• Bariatric Surgery
• Breast Care Program
• Maternity & Newborn Services (Level III NICU)
• Diagnostic & Interventional Radiology (Imaging)
• 24-Hour Adult & Pediatric Emergency Services
• Spine Center
• Heart & Vascular Institute
Cardiac Catheterization and PCI
• Plastic Surgery
• Diabetes and Nutrition
• Sleep Disorders Center
• Clinical Trials
• Advanced Center for GI Therapeutics
• Interventional Pain Treatment
• Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services
• Stroke Center
• Critical/Intensive Care
• Behavioral Health
• Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Specialties
• Laboratory Services
• Pulmonology/Respiratory Services