Northside Hospital and Realty Trust Group celebrated the opening of Northside Medical Snellville with a ribbon-cutting ceremony Sept. 27.
The 45,000-square-foot medical office building and adjacent 7,500-square-foot medical retail building are part of Phase II of The Grove at Towne Center, a mixed-use development in downtown Snellville. Northside is bringing a multispecialty surgery center, orthopedics, women’s imaging, general surgery and physical therapy to 2306 Wisteria Drive.
“This is an exciting day for Northside, and it’s an exciting day for Snellville as well,” Debbie Bilbro, CEO of Northside Hospital Gwinnett and Northside Hospital Duluth, said. “For the first time, we have opened a Class A medical office building in Gwinnett County that is not on a hospital campus. It tells you what we’re planning to do for the future.”
Mayor Barbara Bender hailed the opening as a great day for citizens in Snellville and beyond.
“This completely rounds out our health care offerings in the city and provides so many great services, so convenient, for all of our citizens,” she said. “What a great time to be in Gwinnett — all of these great forces coming together and catapulting us into the future. In August we celebrated 100 years for the city of Snellville, and I like to think this Grove development and the downtown that we’re building is where Snellville’s come through 100 years and we’re setting it up for the next 100 years, and we’re so happy that Northside’s going to be a part of that.”
Chairwoman Nicole Love Hendrickson of the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners agreed the new Northside Medical Snellville is a good addition to the southeastern part of the county.
“This beautiful, beautiful state-of-the-art facility will address a variety of access needs for patients including surgery, orthopedic care and women’s imaging, just to name a few,” she said. “Patients will not only have quality care closer to home, but they’ll also have access to Northside Hospital’s broad network of best-in-class facilities with highly skilled, caring professionals who provide leading-edge care and therapy.”
Bilbro said Northside Hospital is committed to expand its resources to meet the health care needs of Gwinnett and surrounding communities, and Northside Medical Snellville is the latest large-scale investment to do just that:
- A new medical office building opened this spring on the Northside Gwinnett campus in Lawrenceville with imaging and surgical centers now open and other tenants expected in the coming months.
- Northside Hospital also has six Health Choice Urgent Care centers in Gwinnett County, the latest having opened in September at 665 Duluth Highway in Lawrenceville.
- Work continues on a 15-story patient tower at Northside Hospital Gwinnett, which includes new imaging centers, additional cardiovascular and emergency surgical units, expanded ancillary and support services and more by 2025.
- Batson-Cook Construction recently celebrated the topping-out for Northside Medical Buford, a 100,000-square-foot building with a range of services on Buford Drive that’s expected to open next year.
- Construction is also underway on Northside Medical Braselton on Friendship Road in southern Hall County.
“We hear it, that (Gwinnett County) is the second largest county in the state of Georgia,” Bilbro said, “but it’ll soon be the largest county in the state of Georgia. We want to be here to bring health care services to the community, closer to home, as we are doing today.”
WATCH the video below to learn more about this project: