What Is the Auxiliary?
The Gwinnett Medical Center Auxiliary is the fundraising arm of our volunteer force. The Auxiliary has raised more than $1.5 million for GMC since its inception in 1984, contributing to a wide variety of areas.
Current and past donations:
- GMC Foundation’s Open Heart Campaign
- TIME MATTERS in the fight against Breast Cancer
- GECC transport van for residents
- Palliative Care Program
- Strings of Mercy Music Therapy Program
- New dining, lobby and outdoor furniture for GECC
- NICU Campaign
- Sponsor of the GMC Foundation Gala
- Sponsor of the GMC Foundation Miles Mason, Jr. Golf Tournament
The Auxiliary raises a majority of its funds through the gift shops in Duluth and Lawrenceville. It also raises funds through special sales such as books, art, jewelry, uniforms and linens.
As a member of the Auxiliary, you can join a variety of committees, including:
- Miss GECC Pageant—Sponsored by the Auxiliary for residents of our nursing home facility.
- Special Sales—Assist with vendor sales at check-out.
- Breakfast with Santa—Children of associates are treated to refreshments and a visit from Santa and Mrs. Claus.
- GECC Birthday Parties—The Auxiliary sponsors a monthly birthday party for the residents of our nursing home facility.
- GECC Cart—Auxiliary members provide a monthly cart stocked with items at a very discounted price.
Other projects include:
- Afghans/lap blankets—Lovingly made for residents of Gwinnett Extended Care Facility.