Heart Failure Therapy
Heart failure is a dynamic disease, and determining the prognosis can be challenging. At Northside Hospital Heart Institute, we have board-certified and fellowship-trained advanced heart failure physicians and advanced practitioners who are specialists
in this field. We utilize innovative treatments and technologies to manage patients with severe cardiomyopathy.
Our clinics provide a multidisciplinary team approach. Patients and caregivers receive education and follow-up treatment plans regarding their heart failure diagnosis and self-management of the disease. We utilize proven tools and techniques so that patients
may continue to lead fulfilling lives.
Common Indicators for Referring to an Advanced Heart Failure Specialist:
- Left ventricular ejection fraction less than 35%
- Patients who have had recurrent hospitalizations
- Increased left ventricular end-diastolic dimension (6.5 cm or greater)
- Outpatient referrals for any HF patient for Guidelines Driven Medical Therapy
- Consistently low blood pressure with systolic pressure of less than 100 mm Hg
- Increased diuretic requirements or persistent edema
- Reduced end-organ perfusion (renal function, hepatic function)
Treatments We Offer:
- Barostim Heart Failure Device
- Inotropic Therapy
- Heart Failure Clinics
- Diuresis Clinic
- Clinical Trials
- Monitoring of CardioMems, Barostim and Impulse Dynamics
- Monitoring of fluid index on certain Implantable Cardiac Devices - HeartLogic, Triage HF and Optivol
- Monitoring of Inotrope Therapy
- Diuresis clinic for those enrolled in HFDM
993-C Johnson Ferry Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30342
1505 Northside Forsyth Dr.
Cumming, GA 30041
684 Sixes Road
Holly Springs, GA 30115
665 Duluth Hwy.
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Download our NHHI Program Booklet