A Recognized Leader in Cancer Care
Cancer is a long journey, and for thousands of survivors, Northside Hospital Cancer Institute is where it begins. We have been offering cancer care services since 1978, and in that time we have grown into one of the largest and most respected providers
of cancer care services in the Southeast.
Our mission is to provide compassionate, personalized patient care utilizing a multidisciplinary care team approach; practicing evidence-based medicine; and, providing cutting-edge treatments and technologies.
Why Choose Northside Hospital Cancer Institute?
Our Vast Network
- We are Georgia’s largest cancer network and one of the largest community cancer networks in the nation.
- We have the most board-certified medical oncologists in Georgia.
Our Commitment to Quality
- In 2022, our Blood & Marrow Transplant Program was the only program in the U.S. to exceed predicted allogeneic transplant survival rates for 14 consecutive years (2009-22).
- U.S. News & World Report recognized Northside Hospital Atlanta as a 2022-2023 High Performing Hospital for Cancer.
- We are accredited as an Integrated Network Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC).
- Seven of our radiation oncology locations have obtained full Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation (ROPA) from
the American College of Radiology.
- Northside Hospital Atlanta holds a Disease-Specific Care Certification for
lung cancer from The Joint Commission® for health care quality and has maintained the certification for four consecutive surveys.
Our Research Leadership
- We have one of the largest community-based oncology research networks in the nation and are one of a few community cancer programs in the country offering Phase I-IV clinical trials.
- Northside Hospital leads the statewide National Cancer Institute Oncology Research Program (GA NCORP).
- One of 29 U.S. biorepositories for the National Institute of Health Cancer Moonshot Biobank℠ Program.
Our World-Class Cancer Expertise
Our elite team of experts treat ALL types of cancer ― from the most common tumors to rare and complex malignancies.
- The Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at Northside Hospital Cancer Institute
is one of the largest and most comprehensive programs of its kind in the Southeast and has among the best survival rates in the nation for allogeneic blood and marrow transplants.
- We are among the top 15% of programs in the nation for Gamma Knife® procedures.
- We are among the largest breast cancer programs in the country and one of the nation’s leading
providers of breast cancer diagnostic and treatment services.
- We are among the top colorectal programs in Georgia.
- U.S. News & World Report recognized Northside Hospital Atlanta and Northside Hospital Gwinnett as 2022-2023 High Performing Hospitals
for Colon Cancer Surgery. This is Northside Hospital Atlanta’s sixth year in a row receiving this distinction and Northside Hospital Gwinnett’s third year.
- We are a high-volume center for the diagnosis and/or treatment of gynecologic cancers.
- U.S. News & World Report recognized Northside Hospital Atlanta as 2022-2023 a High Performing Hospital for Ovarian and Uterine
Head & Neck Cancers
- We have the only comprehensive community-based Head & Neck Caner Program in Georgia.
- Our Melanoma Program is among the top programs in the state.
Prostate & Urologic Cancers
Cancer Care News
Cancer Care News is a quarterly clinical newsletter published by Northside Hospital Cancer Institute. Each issue highlights various aspects of our clinical oncology program including new technology and treatment options, recent expansions of services,
research and clinical trials, and support offerings, as well as physician commentary from national oncology meetings and upcoming educational activities and events.
Sign Up To Receive Cancer Care News in Your Inbox
Northside Hospital Cancer Institute Cancer Care News Spring 2023 | Volume 10, Issue 2
Cancer Care News Archive
Northside Hospital Cancer Institute Annual Reports