Northside Hospital Cherokee on Wednesday unveiled its newest addition, a five-story, 125,000-square -foot medical office building.
Construction on the building, a virtual twin to one opened in 2017, began in 2018. The two office buildings sit next two each other with enclosed access between them just steps from the hospital.
“I thought it would take a decade for us to grow as much as we will have within the next 24 to 36 months,” hospital CEO Billy Hayes told a few dozen attendees at a ribbon cutting ceremony for the new building.
The building opened on Monday and all of its new services and tenants will be in by the end of September, Hayes said.
Hospital services taking place in the new building include:
- Northside/Canton Breast Care Center Imaging (Suite T70);
- Northside/Canton Outpatient Imaging (Suite T60);
- Outpatient Imaging and Women’s Imaging will be located on the 1st floor, with a space dedicated to PET and CT
- Cardiac Rehabilitation (Suite 355);
- Cardiac Rehab is moving from 460 medical office building and is tripling in size. The current cardiac rehab space in 460 MOB will become A Wellness Place (a cancer survivor store front).
- Infusion Center (Suite T50); and
- Sports Medicine (Suite 180).
Medical practices housed in the new building include:
- Arthritis and Total Joint Specialists (Suite 160);
- Georgia Urology (Suite 210);
- Medical Associates of North Georgia (Suite 380);
- North Georgia OB/GYN Specialists (Suite 290);
- Northside Cherokee Surgical Associates (Suite 230);
- Northside Spine and Pain Specialists (Suite 250);
- Southeastern Neurosurgical Specialists (Suite 375);
- Supportive Care Clinic (Suite 360);
- Sovereign Rehabilitation (Suite 190); and
- Laureate Medical Group (Suite 490).
The opening of the second office building is the latest in a flurry of expansion at the campus since the new hospital opened in May 2017...