The honor — one of only two given to a hospital in Georgia — covers all five locations in the Northside system. It recognizes multiple accomplishments:
- Northside Hospital Atlanta leads the U.S. in newborn deliveries.
- The system is a national leader in cancer care, orthopedics, cardiovascular and surgical services, caring for 5.2 million patients each year.
- The Northside Hospital Cancer Institute recently added the ViewRay MRIdian® MRI-guided radiation therapy system to treat tumors and cancers, including prostate, pancreas, liver and lung.
- The NHCI Blood and Marrow Transplant Program remains one of the largest and most comprehensive of its kind in the region, exceeding survival rates in allogeneic transplants for 14 consecutive years.
- Northside Atlanta was the first hospital in the nation to receive Maternal Levels of Care Verification from The Joint Commission.
- Northside Hospital Heart Institute is the first in Georgia to use the Avertix Guardian® implantable cardiac monitor.
Hospitals honored on the Becker’s list — 153 across the U.S. — are known for clinical excellence, compassionate care, economic impact on their communities and more. Many of these hospitals have been honored by top-ranking and award agencies for their stellar patient outcomes and their performance in specialty care services.
“More than 25,000 dedicated Northside employees give their all to make sure we’re a leader in health care, and it is nice to see that reflected in honors like this one from Becker’s,” Lee Echols, the vice president of marketing and communications at Northside, said. “Northside is well-positioned for the future of health care and to serve our expanding regional communities.”
The hospitals named on this list are leaders who show above-and-beyond commitment to their communities. Their expertise helps expand care access to patients who would otherwise face barriers such as cost or distance.
This list celebrates these hospitals’ dedication to optimizing health care.
The Becker’s Hospital Review editorial team selected hospitals for inclusion based on analysis of ranking and award agencies, including the U.S. News & World Report 2022-23 rankings, Healthgrades, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid star ratings and other rankings. Becker’s also accepted nominations.